Local Assns P D W: Calling in VS Calling Out:
In March 2022, AL!VE presented a webinar titled 'Calling in Vs Calling Out: Diversifying Your Board'.
This meeting was a panel presentation and discussion for anyone involved in leadership with Local Association of Volunteer Engagement Professionals (DOVIA's, AVA's, etc).
View the webinar here
View or download the slide deck here
Thank you to our facilitators and panelists:
This presentation is open and free to ALL local association leadership as part of AL!VE's commitment to DEAI issues.
- Facilitated by Ophelia Bitanga-Israel, Senior Program Manager with the National Association of Counties
- Ophelia is the senior program manager for diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). In this role, Ophelia is responsible for the development and implementation of the overall DEI program strategy and supports DEI initiatives across the organization. She works closely with the NACo director of programs and practices, the chief strategy officer and chief of staff, department directors and employee groups to facilitate and prioritize DEI efforts in internal policies and processes and member engagement.
Before joining NACo, Ophelia was principal and managing member of Integridad Consulting. Prior to that, she was a senior program officer for the Hawaii Community Foundation. Ophelia holds a bachelor’s degree in social psychology and an MBA.
- Presenters include:
- AL!VE Board Member Alana Knoppow, CVA, Chair of the AL!VE Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Inclusion committee
- Margaret Guenther, NOVAA, Portland, OR
- Brenda Michael-Haggard, CFRE, CVA TulsAL!VE, Tulsa, OK
- Each will share their experiences in actively seeking to increase awareness and diversity on their respective boards.